I run...
to remember that i am just a small part of a larger, natural world.
When i went out for my run tonight--kids tucked into bed, Doug back in town--i looked up into this beautiful, dusky blue, almost night sky. And there was the moon. This glowing, bright half-moon which reminded me of the billions of other people who were looking at the very same moon tonight. I wondered why the moon seems so much bigger and brighter in Colorado.
I warmed up with a quick walk to the mailboxes, admiring the lawns that are finally greening up. I crossed the street and was pleased to smell this incredible scent of blossoms on trees. What kind of trees, exactly, i'm not sure. But they were lovely. I inhaled deeply and was happy that i took a second to enjoy it.
Then i picked up my pace and pushed against the wind (oh my, the wind). I felt alive. And thankful to be a small part of this wonderful world.
again: love that you are running and (again) am jealous. enjoy it! glad you stopped to smell the roses.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could run at night. It has hit triple digits already. I have to get up at 5:30 am to be remotely cool.
ReplyDeleteI know about wind on runs. Try it with a stroller--not fun. I think I've finally found a run that is a little bit more "in nature." I like feeling like you do on my run, but I feel like mostly I see houses, construction, and weeds. Sad. But if I get to some open spaces and just look up at the mountains it is better. No MD, but good enough.
ReplyDelete