Here we have the aforementioned THEN:
And here we have NOW:
So, as much as i hate Oh. Sorry. NOT what this post is about. Matt and i met when we were in ROTC at BYU. He was Air Force, I was Army. He was going to fly fighter jets. I was going to save the world, one wounded soldier at a time. Nice guy. We hung out. I dated one of his roommates (huge lapse of judgment on my part, that "relationship"). I bailed out of ROTC just before my senior year. We lost touch. The last time i saw him was 1996 or 97. I joined
He lives in Denver. He got free tickets to the Sugarland concert here in the Springs and asked if Doug and i wanted to join him and his wife. I thought and emailed back, "Sure! Sounds like fun!" And then i thought, "Oh my. I'm tired and pulling myself together for a night out sounds like so much work and i have this baby and and and." I waffled back and forth thinking up half-truths to get out of it (being the homebody and introvert that i am) but knowing i really wanted to go. So we went. I'm so glad we did. We had a great time! I thought chatting at dinner with him and getting to know his darling wife was enough, but the show was fantastic, too. Maybe i'll post more about that another time.
The End.

WHAT?!! i didn't know doug knew him too-- that is so.weird! i sort of hate people like you that get better with age. i wish there was just one little part of you that looked like you were right on the heels of your mid-30's and that you've had THREE CHILDREN! you look great!
ReplyDelete