I put a lot of thought into starting this new blog and how it might be different from my first blog. But. Well. All those thoughts have scattered. Disbanded. Fled. And i have felt this self-imposed pressure to come up with thoughtful, meaningful, juicy posts. Organizing those thoughts into readable posts just isn't happening.
Maybe i can eek out a more meaningful post once a month. And then twice a month. And dare i hope for weekly?
In the meantime, go here to read this lovely post by my friend (and most likely yours) Kellie. She has wisdom beyond her years and I love her for it. And she weaves that wisdom into beautiful prose (or more appropriately, knits it into beautiful prose!). This line in particular speaks to me: "Didn't we all know from the get-go that our kids don't belong to us-that they are their own? We're the teachers, the caretakers, the ones who show them how to become their own, but we never owned them. Knowing that always made my children feel more precious, not less."
I need to put those words on my walls somehow. A poster. A wood carving. Vinyl lettering, anyone?
yep. this is the saying that always got in my head when parents just wanted to be FRIENDS with their kids-- THAT'S NOT THE POINT! i'll read her post... :)
ReplyDelete(and, p.s., who cares what your hopes are for your blog?! (haha) whatever you write, i can't wait to read it!)
Kellie is definitely wise and quotable!!:) I say blogs should be no pressure. Whatever you want to write sounds great to me!:)
ReplyDeleteI forgot to subscribe to your new blog in bloglines, so you are writing more than I thought you were.
ReplyDeleteHer prose reminds me of On Children by Khalil Gibran and also says "you may house their bodies but not their souls."
Expectations in a blog! I protest! But Kellie does do a beautiful job.
ReplyDeleteI finally realized that my blog will just be whatever the heck I have time and experience for. Hopefully I'll make time to write down those deeper thoughts (if I am sane enough to think them) but if not, what I'll still have is a record of time spent and lives lived. That has to be enough :)
ReplyDeleteI think you're doing a great job.