Thursday, June 3, 2010

Soren 8 months


Oh me oh my. She is so very mobile. And if i have to tell the boys ONE MORE TIME to get their legos and/or Playmobil pieces out of her reach i may scream! She is learning to spit things out very nicely though when given the command...Well. Sort of.


My wee darling:
  • has abandoned low crawling is now just goes on hands and knees. Much faster, dontchya know.
  • eating table food. She'll only eat cereal if it's mixed with fruit. Otherwise she eats what we eat. Very tiny, miniscule versions. She's really gotten into the honeydew and cantaloupe and likes a good broccoli tree.
  • is crawling up the stairs. This poses a problem. She has to be monitored VIGILANTLY, which i am not into. Because she looks back and tumbles on down. I so very much hate gates, but we might have to think about installing one. We just block the top of the stairs with a Little Tikes kitchen as needed. Worked for Keegen. We'll see if it continues to work for her.
  • enjoys making that raspberry noise with her tongue, which i think is pretty stinking darling.
  • loves to be around total chaos. She played in the basement tonight as the boys played baseball with Doug. They used a very soft ball "just in case" since she was literally in the middle of their diamond boundaries. But she couldn't get enough of it.
  • in a similar vein, loves being doted on by the boys. Kisses and zerberts and hugs. Until she's really tired and then she wants them OUT OF HER FACE.
  • does not sleep well and is very stubborn. I've let her cry it out. I think two hours of crying is too much. But i may have to let it go past that. I am worn out.
  • is a feisty one. She lets you know she's ticked if you dare take something away, take something out of her mouth; etc.
  • wears 18 month and bigger clothes. I made the mistake of buying a 12 month bathing suit. Had a hard time stuffing her delectable bod into it. Can't wait to get her to the pool! And i love that it's warm now so i can enjoy her fat belly rolls more easily!

5 comments:

  1. just sick. i love her!!!! i can't wait to get my hands on her rolls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That face, those cheeks. My soul, she's cute. I love reading about how much you're enjoying her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little cutie! I love that orange dress too. I just want to squeeze those chubbies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Oh the stairs. Good luck. I enjoyed my rolly-gate. Only installed that after Ethan broke his leg. She is full of wonderful rolls! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of her along the railing is SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete