So, i'd love to "rest from all of my labors" today. But i'm a mom with three small children. And it's not going to happen.
What i thought would happen? What i thought would be fun for my boys? We haven't been to the zoo in ages, it seems. It's an awesome zoo. So much to see and do. Rides to ride. Food to eat.
First Bode tried to talk me into taking him rollerskating instead. I explained that cold weather is coming fast and that we'd really like to do something outside today.
This morning he woke up and told me he thought we should go to It'z (Chuck E. Cheese on crack). Again, we want to do something outdoors with the family. Let's save those things for the winter when we need to be inside. Let the moping commence. Grumpy face. I'm so over it.
So what are we doing today? Yardwork. Lots and lots of yardwork. Bode was just sent to his room to mope in private which involved lots of stomping and banging on the way.
I have a seriously spoiled child. And i'm so sick of it.
How dare i try to take my family to the zoo?!! What the hell was i thinking??
you are definitely the meanest mom ever-- HOW DARE YOU try to take your kids to feed the giraffes?! i'm much nicer. my kids actually ASK to go to the zoo and i say, ASK YOUR DAD. I DON'T LIKE LOOKING AT CAGED UP ANIMALS; I THINK IT'S MEAN. and my kids skulk off.
ReplyDeletebut, then, we can't feed the giraffes at our zoo....
ha! you make me laugh!
ReplyDeletemean mom that i am. i was even going to let him ride the skyride today. but WHATEVER dude.
How DARE you is RIGHT! I dared to say my kids couldn't have playdates because Daddy was taking them mini golfing and then to a family picnic. I was the worst mommy ever.
ReplyDeleteHey I asked my kids if they wanted to go somewhere like the zoo or aquarium on Labor Day too! There response was meh. They wanted to go to the Lego store. Seriously it's just weird. Are we that different from the next generation?? I loved the zoo!!
ReplyDelete