Yep. She got her cast off!
Soren is closing in on the big O-N-E. I can't imagine life without her. I can't imagine our family without her. Cliche, but true.She's not super snuggly. She picks and chooses when she is. She has been throwing her arms around my neck, which i love. And she gives wonderful open-mouth kisses on occasion. Her snuggles, though, tend to last about five seconds. And while she snuggles, i'm very conscious about enjoying those five seconds.
This morning was her usual 5AM COME AND GET ME RIGHT NOW wake-up call. I've stopped hoping that she'll go back to bed. She'll be up until her nap around 8:30. We usually hang out on the floor. Or i get on the computer while she plays. Or if we're really crazy we go to Walmart (open 24 hours, baby!). This morning i took her to my bed. I wish she would just be mellow, but it usually turns into some crazy game of her crawling all over me and me keeping her from falling off the bed.
I've been leaving my window open at night and the wind kicked up this morning. I propped myself up and snuggled her up on my chest. She was a bit antsy and crawled around a bit and then settled herself back again on my chest. The wind was whistling and blowing 45 degree air into my room. I don't know if that's what it is--if she was enjoying the wind and cool as we snuggled under the covers, but she stayed on me for a good ten minutes. I tried not to move too much in fear of breaking the spell. One of the very few times i've appreciated the wind here!
It was such a lovely way to start the day. Even if it was 5 o'clock in the morning.
What a sweetie! That 10 min snuggle sounds like one of those golden moments you'll always remember.
ReplyDeletemy non-snuggler has started getting into bed with me in the mornings... it's pretty sweet.
ReplyDeleteWhat a moment. Sigh.
ReplyDelete