Monday, September 20, 2010

Adapt or Die

Per Webster's:  Adaptation is the evolutionary process whereby a population becomes better suited to its habitat.  This process takes place over many generations and is one of the basic phenomena of biology...

Four and a half years in Colorado and, could it be?? I seem to have adapted.  It is September 27th and has been in the 80's for weeks. And i am ready for some cooler weather. Last year at this time, it was snowing. I'm not asking for that. I would just like some cooler, crisper temps and air. Fall here is such a non-season--a week or two if we're lucky--that i'd like to enjoy it before winter really hits (around Halloween).

So, I've accepted the weather. I accept that it snows in September and again in May. I accept (but still don't like) the wind.  How 'bout that?! Of the four and a half winters we've had here, the first two and a half were wicked cold and snowy. And that past two have been very mild. I wouldn't mind a little more snow this year. Did i say that? I did. So, there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment