Today was Bode's kindergarten graduation. I realize it is *just* a kindergarten graduation. 6 years old. 1/3 of the way through his life with us at home. Am i thinking a little too much about this? Probably.
I am so proud of this child. I have struggled with him since conception. Is that dramatic? Sure.
I fretted over this school year. Full or half day? This school or that school or the other school? Pull him out of that awful class or leave him in it. (And so grateful the first teacher resigned).
My hope for him this year was simple. I wanted him to get comfortable in a classroom. I wanted him to socialize. I wanted him to have a good experience going to school. To have a positive introduction to what school can be. To enjoy it. My hope always? That he will be happy.
For such a rocky start, he had a great year. He seemed comfortable in the classroom. He came home having heard and remembering instructions given. He can read. He understands math beyond many a level. He participated in groups and activities and performances! He made great friends. He learned so much. From what i can tell, it was really positive.
End of year questions:
- Favorite class: PE.
- His closest friends: Jacob, Ian and Hayden
- Favorite thing to play: "freeze tag-go tag."
- Favorite color: Blue
- Favorite food: Cake
- Favorite drink: OJ
- Favorite song: Called to Serve
- Favorite story: Curious George
- Favorite TV show: Wow Wow Wubzy
- Favorite toy: My bike
- Favorite animal: Giraffe
- Favorite sport: Tie between baseball and tennis
- He didn't dig music class (i think too much dancing) (but when we were driving with classical music playing and i referred to "the horns being played" he corrected me to call them "the brass." Duly noted!).
- His teacher described him as "a leader in the classroom" socially and academically.
Before & After...
fun for all! your boys are so big and cute and well adjusted and... i can't wait to see them in the flesh! hoorah for good school years!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad it turned out to be a good year for him. I hate it when things start badly, but they always do end up the right way, eh? Way to go!
ReplyDelete