ANYWAY. Summer. It's been great so far. Bode has had two weeks of tennis camp followed by swim lessons. Keegen did the swim lessons, too. Bode loves tennis and thinks he's already on his way to becoming a professional. Both boys confidence in the water has grown significantly and it was fun watching both of them interact with the other kids in all of these activities. And all of the lifeguards at the pool are madly in love with Keegen. Just sayin'.
We've had playdates galore. At one point, Bode exclaimed something to the extent of, "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GET TO HAVE ANOTHER PLAYDATE! THAT'S LIKE A MILLION PLAYDATES! WE ARE SO LUCKY!" Yes, for real. It was cute that he recognized and appreciated it in the moment.
I love summer because Soren is out of the longsleeve, footed fleece outfits and into shorts and tees that show off her luscious curves. Love the bare belly. Love the fat thighs. I just can't get enough. She's been dragged around to all of these activities and seems to like the pool. Gotta love an 8 month old in a hot pink bikini!
So. So far so good. We've stayed busy enough to keep the boys mostly happy but not so busy that i feel crazier than the norm. This coming week will only be tennis lessons. But i think we'll just make the pool a frequent trip (even though it's indoor and not as inviting as an outdoor pool would be, but it works!).
oo!so delicious. i remember another chunky baby filling out that suit once-upon-a-time! fun summer-- only going to get "FUNNER"!!
ReplyDeleteThe short summers here are really hard for me too. Sounds like your kids are having tons of summer fun! Soren is SO cute in her swim-wear!:)
ReplyDeleteWhat the August 4th??? That's insanity. But I could get used to it. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun summer! Soren is QUITE delicious in that little pink number, I must say. I was SO happy to let my little girly run about in almost nothing. It's finally been warm enough every now and then.
I agree with Cami - that IS insane, but again - I think in some ways, by the end of August, we are REALLY ready for school to start :)
ReplyDelete