Goofy, tired picture post-church
Today, i put my last baby in the church nursery. She's 18 months old and can now go into the room that she's been staring into longingly for the past few months. I thought about the nursery this morning but debated because we've had such a terrible, illness-filled fall and winter. I don't need another place for her to pick up more and more bugs (dumb, i know, because she can get sick anywhere. But nursery? Historically? My kids are sick by Tuesday). So i took her with me to Sunday School. And she got antsy. So i took her out to the hall. And we walked closer to the nursery. She saw the gates in the doorway and ran to get a closer look. I asked, "Do you want to go in there today?" Picked her up, placed her down, chatted for a second with the nursery leader, and WALKED AWAY. I felt a slight tinge of guilt that i just dumped her and left without a goodbye or formal introduction but i knew she'd fake a fuss if i did. I got to enjoy the entire lesson in Relief Society for the first time in a long time (and i've really missed RS). I checked on her a few times and she was plopped in the lap of one of the assistants. As long as someone is willing to hold her, she's fine. I peeked on her during snack and had to smile at my big girl sitting in her chair with the other kids at the table. When i picked her up, she was not anxiously looking for me. She wasn't stressed. She was so happy and seemed to have had a great time. We all piled in the van and cheered for Soren's big day and she applauded herself, too!
Yay for Soren! That is super exciting! I can't believe how big she is getting!
ReplyDeleteWHAT a cute family you have! so psyched for you and soren. love her independence-- good for her and good for you (makes life so much easier when you can both have a good time doing your own things)........................ can't wait to see those kids in the flesh!
ReplyDeleteThat is a milestone. Bittersweet for sure. I'm glad she had fun and that you got a little spiritual food for yourself.
ReplyDelete