THUS. I finally got a clue and put the boys into swim lessons in January. And every Saturday since then they've been going to swim lessons. And every Saturday i hear the same complaints from Bode about how much he hates swim lessons. And it turns ugly. And mouthy. And he ends up in his room for a bit. Keegen, on other hand, doesn't complain. Gets ready and goes to lessons happily.
But this? This is the photographic evidence of them at their swim lessons today. Seems a bit backward...
"I'm so happy! Life is good! Lalala!"
"I'm so cold. And miserable. And when are you taking me HOME?!"
We are determined to do things differently with Soren. She goes to the pool almost every Saturday with the boys and is now a fish. A darling fish in a bright blue polka dot bikini. A human baby puffer fish. We regularly dunk her and her favorite thing is to climb up the ladder and jump into Doug's arms. Over and over and over. We let her jump in and go under before we grab her, too. She loves it.
Kick Kick Kick!
Water polo in her future?
"Again! Again!"
We left lessons today and what do both boys say? "I can't wait until it's time to come swim again!" What? It's great, but What?? I keep thinking one of these Saturday mornings Bode won't complain. And Keegen will actually willingly go under the water.
love it! those pictures are so great! keegen and the scowl MUST get framed. i am so excited that soren loves the water. (you know we're not a water family-- yours and mine-- but i love that my girls are like fish to the water. makes summer so much easier.)
ReplyDelete