- We're moving to Dallas/Ft Worth. Did i mention this? A hopefully better job for Doug which will afford us a better "work-life balance." I hear that phrase a lot lately. I think it will be a great career move. Moving my family from CO to TX, though? I'm struggling with the realization that i'm much more rooted here than i thought. The kids have great friends. We have a great ward. The kids love their school and would have excellent hand-picked-by-their-mother teachers this year. But still, it's the right thing to do.
- One thing i will not miss about this place? The wind.
- Looking at rentals the same price as my current mortgage? Severely depressing. I cried for the first time about the move on my birthday after spending an entire awful day in TX looking at filthy, small, dark (thankfully?), cat-pee-stink homes. I'd kept a good attitude all day and in the end i bawled. I think it was a combination of the day, the stress, being uber-tired and the reality that we're really moving that brought it all up.
- LUCKILY we found a great rental home in Keller (north FW). We feel good about it--neighborhood, schools, town in general. It's a town i think we'd like to consider buying in once our home here sells. So. Hoorah! I won't be living in CO with the kids while Doug works in TX after all!!
- You know what else is depressing? That our house here has been on the market for one month and has had.........ONE SHOWING. Keeping a clean house with three kids when no one is looking at your house? I've crawled into bed and pulled the covers over my head a couple of times this past week. I am not a patient person and i'm really trying to just go with things since it's so much out of my control. But it's hard to know we're not only going to lose a ton of money on this house, but that it still might take a long time to unload it. One big problem with our house? It doesn't have a 3 or more car garage so i don't think it's even showing up in searches since people here want a minimum of 3. SPOILED BRATS.
- Loving my Flip video camera. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrv it. So user friendly for a techno-phobe like me.
- It's finally hot and summery here. It snowed May 19th and it's now in the 80's. Still windy as all get-out (it was 99 degrees when we were in TX Memorial Day weekend, so brace yourselves for my complaints about that soon enough).
- Soren is a talker now. Pee-pa is pizza. I just want to be sure to remember that one.
Well I hit the rowdy road and many kinds I met there. Many stories, told me of the way to get there. There's so much left to know and I'm on the road to find out.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Random Crap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment