FOR TODAY
Outside my window... gray and windy. But warm, too.
I am thinking... about the house we put an offer on Sunday evening. Only to find out we didn't get it late last night. Multiple offers. We offered $5K above asking and gave lots of concessions and flexibility. I sometimes hate the phrase "wasn't meant to be." Sometimes things just don't work out how you want them to. And i'm sad and disappointed and wallowing in it a bit.Outside my window... gray and windy. But warm, too.
I am thankful for... even though we didn't get the house, i am thankful for the 48 hours when i was dreaming we did. I was super happy and feeling like i could deal with life in Texas after all. I am thankful for my sweet children and husband who put up with my mood swings.
From the kitchen...the yummy scent of Korean tacos in the crockpot. I made them a month or two ago and they were a huge hit.
I am wearing... my favorite Lucy warmup jacket, my favorite jeans and my flip flops. No bra yet. Can't seem to get that motivated today.
I am creating...nada.
I am going... a little bit crazy. Really ready to get more settled.
I am reading... i recently finished The Forgotten Garden. Really really good. And just finished The Patron Saint of Liars. Also good, but not as good as the Garden.
I am hoping... that some great house will come on the market soon and we will get it and be happy with it.
I am hearing... Listening to this house and its many creaks and groans in the wind and the dryer going 'round and 'round.
Around the house... lots of laundry and cleaning out for the warm weather. Was hoping we were moving by the end of April so lots to do and get rid of and prepare.
One of my favorite things... giant Butterfinger bars. The thin ones. Ohmygosh. Better than the eggs, if you can believe it. I ate at least three last week alone.
A few plans for the rest of the week... just the usual. Lacrosse last night. Gymnastics tonight. Scouts Wednesday and swim lessons on Friday. Oh. That's just the boys. Ya. I don't know. Probably obsess over realtor.com and hopefully see a couple of houses this week.
Here is a picture I am sharing... Bode was baptized on February 25th. Need to blog about that. I love this shot of him. Darling boy. Need to focus more on that and less on other things.
A few plans for the rest of the week... just the usual. Lacrosse last night. Gymnastics tonight. Scouts Wednesday and swim lessons on Friday. Oh. That's just the boys. Ya. I don't know. Probably obsess over realtor.com and hopefully see a couple of houses this week.
Here is a picture I am sharing... Bode was baptized on February 25th. Need to blog about that. I love this shot of him. Darling boy. Need to focus more on that and less on other things.
um...where are you???? are you alive and ok? haven't been able to get my bell-fix in a looooooooong while. :) hugs and a big ol' chest bump...tami
ReplyDeletewow. i haven't checked in a long time. clearly. (did i think because i'd stopped blogging, you had too? hm.) WHAT A GREAT PHOTO. so glad i checked back in. besos to you and your cute boy.
ReplyDeleteashlee...must.have.pictures/tour.of.new.house. pretty please.
ReplyDelete