Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daybook 1*10*2012

Stealing this idea from Kristen's blog. I need something to jumpstart my blogging. I really do love having some sort of history of my and my family's days.


FOR TODAY


Outside my window... watching the drizzle and the trees slight swaying. Lots of rain lately.

I am thinking... about my half marathon goal
. Making it a point to get up and run a couple weekdays a week in the wee hours in addition to the long weekend runs and cross training. It's the only way i think i'll be able to be consistent (and NOT push the wretched jogger during training). 


I am thankful for... our health. We've had a very healthy winter so far after last year's non-stop viral load. Knocking on wood as I type...

From the kitchen... i've actually been making dinners! Sunday was a delicious balsamic chicken and scalloped potatoes. Last night was really easy chili and GF cornbread. Tonight? Leftovers. Don't want to overextend myself!

I am wearing... my workout clothes. Need a shower and some motivation to attack the rest of this day.

I am creating...hmmm. Not been super creative in a crafty sense since before the move. Want to make Bode a new Christmas stocking before next year!


I am going... to take a shower and go grocery shopping. Aiming high!

I am reading... bits here and there of Run Like a Mother and lots of Runner's Worlds i have sitting around.

I am hoping... that this Daybook will spark some writing and desire to record events around here.

I am hearing... Pandora's Adele station through my laptop. Brilliant.

Around the house... a perpetual mess. But getting a bit more organized with another shelf and hooks hung for the kids' jackets and backpacks. Must clean bathrooms this week.

One of my favorite things... good music.

A few plans for the rest of the week... getting ready to take off late Thursday for my Grandma Snow's 90th birthday shindig. Making an effort to have the house stocked with groceries and maybe clean it a bit.  Thankfully Doug is stellar at taking over and things are pretty seamless even when i'm a slacker. Really excited to see my grandma and my brother and sister sans children!

Here is a picture I am sharing... Grandma Snow and Soren in late June. Love these girls!


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm balsamic chicken and scalloped potatoes sounds super good! Love the picture of Soren and your grandma - they look so happy! I might steal this great post idea.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are doing this also. It definitely keeps me blogging when I don't have the energy to write anything original. Good job on the running and have fun in Utah!

    ReplyDelete