Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Ran

Thursday i did go out for a run. It was a painfully-slow-awfully-bad-attitude-ed run. I was so tired and sometimes? i really hate having to push a large toddler in a jogger. Sometimes i am grateful for the jogger so i can actually get out there. This time? Not-so-grateful. I only did 2.5 miles and, honestly, ended up walking most of it. But i got out there and did something. Checked the box.

Friday was a rest day and i'd planned to do the RLAM strength exercises. But did i? I did not.

Saturday i intended to go to a spin class. Did not go. (Seeing a trend here?).

Today, i ran. I ran 3 miles and it was my first taste of what a good run can be. There is a point where if i'm consistent, i catch the "bug" and enjoy (for the most part) running. I still walked a bit. But saw some progress which makes me happy. My KT tape finally stayed on and i had zippy knee pain. I ran in new purplish shoes that i'm hoping will treat my feet well. As i ran, i let myself replay my experience on 9/11 ten years ago. The stress and anxiety and uncertainty of it all. But also today i expressed a lot of gratitude and hope. I stopped at 8:46AM (the time the first plane hit the North Tower), turned off my iPod and stretched in silence for 60 seconds. An emotional run and i think that is partly what made it a good one.

1 comment:

  1. I've had runs like that. They are good. Also, perhaps we have the same purplish shoes.

    I skipped exercise on Saturday for the first time in as long as I can remember. I mean, I did clean 4 bathrooms, mop and vacuum the whole top floor . . . but still.

    ReplyDelete