I really don't feel like posting. But if i wait any longer to feel like writing anything all the moments will be gone from my feeble mind.
We just sold our house, packed it all up, watched it get loaded onto a truck and drive away. We watched the two tow trucks haul our cars away. We cleaned the emptiness that remained. And i walked through it one last time with all sorts of memories flooding back. Kind of like my life flashing before my eyes. It feels...weird? Sad. Yes, that's what it is. I'm used to getting the itch to move every 3 or so years. But evidently if forced to stay past the 3 year mark, i will put down roots and get attached. Doug was offered a job in Dallas in late April. We feel like it's the right move for him and for us. We take this feeling and really know that it's the right decision. But even with that it's been painful for me. I've never really been attached to our previous homes. But i love this house. It took me a long time to like the boys' school, but we love their school and the kids that attend. We have a wonderful church congregation and have enjoyed our new building that's less than a mile away. I've been blessed with an incredible group of girlfriends like i haven't had in many many years (college?). And with those girlfriends? Their wonderful children are many of my boys' best friends. It was challenging living in Falcon for awhile there. But i found my stride and my village and it's a hard thing to leave. That feeling i described? That knowledge that this is what's best for our family? That's what has made this OK. That's what i remind myself. That's how i'm pushing forward.
Why full circle? I was amused when i noticed our housing arrangements for our last three nights in Colorado are at the same Residence Inn that we stayed in for two weeks when we first moved here 5 1/2 years ago. It was Doug, a very pregnant me, and a 2-year old Bode. A lot changes in 5+ years.

WOWEE friend. Holy cow! That's a really big deal. It's so important that you went with that knowledge you were given and took the leap. It's so hard to leave situations like that, where you feel so much a part of things. I know you'll make a new one at your new destination. GOOD LUCK!!
ReplyDeleteThis is huge, Ashlee. Thanks for sharing your conviction that it really is the right thing. That helps. Keep moving forward. I love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad that you've moved! We didn't get together nearly enough! I am so glad though that you know this is the right move for your family. I hope you are doing well and getting settled in your new town. Your new neighbors and ward are lucky to have you. Best wishes!
ReplyDelete