Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Daybook 10*2*12


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the sun is just starting to shine on my live oak. It's cool and a little bit gray. Fall, for Texas, is finally arriving.

I am thinking... not a lot! Just getting moving after getting the boys to school. I love riding bikes with them to school. I feel good knowing they are getting some exercise before a long day of mostly sitting. I love that they know because we can ride bikes (physically, geographically), that we do. They dig it, too.

I am thankful for... the cooler weather. Just when i thought i couldn't take the constant sunshine and blazing heat anymore (6 months of very little variation), the rain rolled in and the air is cooling.

From the kitchen...nothing yet today! The frequent breakfast of gluten free frozen waffles slathered in peanut butter with a smidge of syrup needs cleaning up.

I am wearing... my jean capris andmy Carve brown henley. I just might have to dig out my slippers soon!


I am creating...nothing.


I am going...to take Soren to preschool soon and then i have a few blissful hours to myself.

I am reading...Happiness at Home by Gretchen Rubin. A lot of it is common sense or thoughts that i've had but putting it into action is a different story. It's a worthwhile read.

I am hoping... to accomplish some things around the house today.

I am hearing... the Grapevine High School marching band. My back doors are flung wide open to let in as much cool air as possible and i love hearing the drums and brass. It's one of my favorite things here each weekday morning (and Friday night, of course!). The birds are competing with the band. Also hearing Soren chatter next to me as she creates piles of water color creations.

Around the house... ohmygosh. Seriously. Still a complete disaster. Embarrassing disaster. And it matters now because we are getting to know people and want to have kids and families over and there is no way that will happen with the house in its current state. People drop by now and i am too embarrassed to even open the door! So. Big work ahead.

One of my favorite things... Soren's artwork. She's drawing people and faces and it's fun to watch that process. And the marching band. I love waking up to that and feeling some community spirit.

A few plans for the rest of the week... lots of running kids around to their activities. I want to make sure i make it to yoga at least twice this week. I have a massage (!) scheduled (we joined Lifetime and they offer a coupon for a super cheap one so i couldn't just let it go to waste!). Lots of cleaning and organizing.

Here is a picture I am sharing... she's THREE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment